Friday, February 25, 2011

CRAZY SNOW

I figured I would take a moment away living vicariously through my favorite characters on television and venture out into the real world. Apparently in Washington, it is snowing like crazy. But unlike in the South, life goes on as usual.

People still went to work and kids were expected to attend school. This is the most snow that I have ever seen. My daughter made snow angels for the first time and almost froze her tuckus off. Not to mention, I actually had a chance to drive in the snow it felt like blizzard conditions to me. However, people were barreling down the highway as if it did not matter to them.

I must say I put my little Volvo to the test. I felt like I was an extra on the set of "White Christmas" enjoying the scenery except with black people. The news said "tomorrow to expect freezing temperatures". I am so thankful that I everything I need is close by. Today was a good day. For a moment, I felt like a kid again almost wanting to taste the snow. I couldn't get past pollution and other contaminants in the air.

I have to admit that I miss Hawaii a little less on this day. But don't hold your breath for tomorrow. I am sure my general distaste for the area will return.

Aloha from Washington

No comments:

Post a Comment