Saturday, March 12, 2011

Globetrotters in Seattle


I have to admit. As a kid, I always thought that the Harlem Globetrotters were just as good as the players in the NBA. Maybe it was the tricks and high flying antics that always seemed to end miraculously in favor of them.

Recently, my daughter wanted to see them in person. So, we traveled to Seattle to catch a glimpse of the team in action. To say that it was a well choreographed display would be an understatement. I wondered if it was just me who noticed it. The rest of the crowd seemed not to mind. It was a spectacle of sorts complete with dance performances and audience participation. My daughter kept asking why they were really playing. It surprised me too.

All and all, it was a day of fun with the family. However, I no longer feel that they could handle even the worst that the NBA has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment